1) PM Narendra Modi departs for the United States; PM Modi, during his seven-day visit to the US, will participate in the ‘Howdy Modi’ occasion at Houston along with the US Head Of State Donald Trump on September 22; PM to also address the UN General Assembly on September 27; PM says the visit would certainly offer India as a dynamic land of opportunities, a dependable companion and a worldwide leader.
2) Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna scheme will be finishing one year on September 23. One vital aspect of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) is that benefits of the program are portable across the nation and also a beneficiary can check out any empaneled public or private hospital for cashless therapy.
3) India’s indigenously made air-to-air rocket missile Astra was effectively test-fired from the Bay of Bengal off the shore of Odisha on September 17, 2019. Astra has been made by the DRDO, the premier research and development organization of the armed forces in the country.
4) The 55th Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Day was commemorated on Thursday at the High Commission of India, Dhaka. Around 300 ITEC graduates from all walks of life, participated in the program.
5) A short film made with the financial help from Prasar Bharati has been nominated for Oscars. “Moti Bagh” a short movie based upon the life of an ordinary dedicated farmer from Uttrakhand has been chosen for Oscars. The film made with the financial support from Prasar Bharati has to do with the life of an 82-year-old farmer from Uttarakhand, Vidyadutt Sharma. It is the first film from Uttarakhand which will undoubtedly be showcased on a prominent global platform like Oscars. The movie has been directed by three-time National Honor winner, Nirmal Chandra Dandariyal.
6) BREXIT: The European Parliament formally asked for Britain to be granted another expansion to enable more time for London to agree with the terms of its withdrawal if it ought to ask for one.
7) In a significant fiscal booster, the government on Friday reduced corporate tax obligation to 25.17 percent inclusive of all cess and additional charges for domestic firms. Making the news, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman claimed that the adjustments in the Income Tax Act and also Finance Act would undoubtedly be made efficient through an ordinance. This is being done to attract investment as well as development.
8) Bajrang Punia on Friday won bronze at the 2019 Globe Wrestling Championships. Dealing With Mongolian Tulga Tumur Ochir, Bajrang fought back from a 6-0 deficit to win 8-7 in what ended up being an exhilarating bronze medal spell.
9) United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres desires governments to make more ambitious pledges to reduce emissions at the UN summit on September 23. Current commitments by governments to cut emissions are nowhere near adequate to fulfill the Paris target of keeping the surge in average global temperatures to well below two degrees Celsius and intending to restrain warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius.