1) Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mamallapuram, likewise known Mahabalipuram, for the 2nd informal India-China Summit.
2) Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan, together with several State Health Ministers, launched Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan, SUMAN, initiative in New Delhi. The initiative aims at ensuring reasonable, respectful, and top quality health care at no charge as well as no tolerance for denial of services for each woman and newborn visiting the general public health facility to finish all preventable maternal and also newborn deaths. It also offers a positive birth experience to both mother and baby.
3) President Ram Nath Kovind presented the prestigious President’s Colors to the Military Air Travel Corps in Nashik.
4) Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed was granted the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to fix his nation’s conflict with bitter enemy Eritrea.
5) The very first ‘India International Cooperatives Trade Fair’ was underway in New Delhi on 11th October 2019. The three days Fair is a significant system to promote the export of items of cooperatives, which will undoubtedly lead to enhanced rural success.
6) Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme, Earnings assistance of Rs 6,000 per year in 3 equivalent installments is being given to small farmer family members having incorporated land-holding or ownership of up to 2 hectares.
7) Six-time champion M C Mary Kom won a bronze medal in the World Women’s Boxing Championships after shedding to Turkey’s Busenaz Cakiroglu in an extreme semifinal round in Ulan-Ude, Russia.
8) The Nobel Prize in Chemistry for 2019 has been awarded to John B. Good enough, M. Stanley Whittingham, and also Akira Yoshino “for the advancement of lithium-ion batteries.
9) Canadian-American cosmologist James Peebles and also Swiss scientists Michel Mayor, as well as Didier Queloz, won the 2019 Nobel Prize for Physics on Tuesday for disclosing the wonder of the evolution of deep space and uncovering worlds orbiting far-off planets.
10) Two Americans, as well as a British scientist, won the 2019 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine for finding how the body’s cells sense and also react to oxygen levels, work that has flagged the way for new methods to fight anemia, cancer cells, and various other diseases.
11) Every 40 seconds, a person loses life to suicide. World Mental Health Day 2019 is being observed this month to elevate awareness of the range of suicide all over the world and the duty that each of us can play to avoid it. Hence, the motif this year is “suicide prevention.”