1) The Golden Jubilee Celebrations of IFFI ended in Goa on Thursday. The movie ‘Particles’ directed by Blaise Harrison won The Golden Peacock Award for the best film. Malayalam director Lijo Jose Pellissery won the Silver Peacock Award for the Best Director for the flick Jallikkattu.
2) Oil to telecom major Reliance Industries (RIL) on November 28 surpassed the Rs 10-lakh-crore in market capitalization, ending up being the first Indian company to do so.
3) Scientists from IIT Kharagpur have discovered archaeological evidence of a 3,000-year-old Iron Age settlement at Karim Shahi and a Historic Middle ages settlement at Vigakot near Thar desert.
4) The federal government on Friday prolonged till December 15 the day for making FASTag obligatory for toll settlements on national highways. FASTag is a pre-paid tag affixed on a car’s windscreen, that enables automated reduction of toll fees and lets the car travel through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction.
5) India wins bid to host 2023 Men’s Hockey World Cup; Kalinga Hockey Stadium in Bhubaneswar and Biju Patnaik Hockey Stadium in Rourkela to be the venues for the competition.