1) Good Governance Day is being observed on 25th December, which is the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
2) Communication and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has said that free WiFi services will be provided to all villages across the country through Bharatnet till March next year.
3) The next decennial Census is due in 2021 and would be conducted in two phases. The House listing and Housing Census will be carried out from April to September 2020 and Population Enumeration from 9th February to 28th February 2021.
4) National Mathematics Day was celebrated on 22nd December to commemorate the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.
5) The UN General Assembly approved a resolution Friday that will start the process of drafting a new international treaty to combat cybercrime over objections from the European Union, the United States, and other countries.