Incredible progress has been achieved in building of National Highways across the nation in the last couple of years by the Ministry of Roadway Transport and Highways.
The Ministry has accomplished the record-breaking milestone of constructing 37 kilometres highways each day in year 2020-21, which is extraordinary. Minister for Roadway Transport & Freeways as well as MSME, Nitin Gadkari last night felicitated the authorities of M/o RTH and also presented the letters of gratitude.
The Minister stated that this would certainly not have been possible without devotion and team job of the officials as well as various other stakeholders. He claimed that these accomplishments are unprecedented as well as have no parallel in any other country in the world.
Positioned listed below, in brief, are the major achievements:
1) Over the last 7 years, length of National Highways has risen by 50% from 91,287 kilometres (as of April 2014) to 1,37,625 km (as on 20 March 2021);.
2) Overall monetary outlay raised by 5.5 times, from INR 33,414 Cr in Financial Year 2015 to INR 1,83,101 Cr in Financial Year 2022;.
3) Sanctioned quantity has actually enhanced by 126% in Financial Year 2021 over Fiscal year 2020 despite Covid-19 relevant impact. Sanctioned size in kilometers has actually likewise increased by 9% in Fiscal year 2021 over Financial Year 2020;.
4) Typical yearly project honor (yearly average award length) during Fiscal year 2015 to Fiscal year 2021 has increased by 85% compared to FY10 to FY14.
5) Ordinary yearly building (average yearly building and construction length) during FY2015 to FY2021 has increased by 83% compared to FY2010 to FY2014.
6) Advancing expense of continuous project works has raised by 54% at the end of Fiscal year 2021 compared to Fiscal year 2020 (as on March 31st).